The doctors and staff at Family Vision Care understand how important vision is to everyone. To that end, we try to individualize each exam to our patients’ needs. The doctors, of course, will do all the necessary tests to arrive at an accurate prescription for maximum visual acuity. We will also evaluate all the special visual requirements that each patient has.
- A comprehensive eye exam includes measuring:
- Visual acuity (the size of the letters we can see i.e. 20/20).
- Binocularity (the ability to balance the eyes effectively).
- Accommodative skills (the ability to change focus from far to near and back).
- Ocular motility (the ability to follow a moving target or jump from one line of sight to another).
- And of course ocular disease detection.
Once all the information is obtained the doctors will discuss all of the different modalities of treatments. Some of these are:
- Eyeglasses, single vision or multi focus
- Contact lenses
- Refractive surgery
- Magnification aids
- Visual therapy to improve visual function and comfort
We strive to stay abreast of the latest technology to provide our patients with the best services.